Monday, January 4, 2010

Don't tell me your fat...

I try and give honest, whole-hearted posts here on my blog, but today I am going to be particularly honest. In fact, its brutal.

At the beginning of each year, people start making their new year's resolutions and more often than not, its to lose weight. So, over and over again, I am told by friends and co-workers, as well as strangers at the gym, that they are going on a diet....they are too fat...then I look at them and they are a size 2. How does this make me feel? It hurts, and it hurts big time. So many times I have been crushed by words of people, but I would never let you know that you truly, deeply just hurt my feelings.

I'm a big girl. Always have been, and probably always will be. I've been on every diet, had numerous gym memberships, had doctor's consultations, but nothing seems to help me lose weight. The doctor's have now just diagnosed it as being genetic and that I just need to eat healthy. So, why don't people just say "I want to eat healthy" instead of "I'm so fat and need to go on a diet".

I cannot watch the Nutty Professor (new version with Eddie Murphy) because at the very beginning of the movie, he comes to the realization that he is fat - that he doesn't deserve to go on a date - and I just start to cry. I am in the same boat. Always have been.

So, all this to say - if you are a size 2, or even a size 16, please don't tell me your fat. Unless you want to put my fat suit on for a day, then you don't know what fat is.

No comments: