Tuesday, January 19, 2010

First Day

Today was my first day at my new job and it went really well. Of course, it helps that I've already worked for my new boss, so I wasn't scared or nervous to be around him. The day went by pretty fast and some sweet friends brought me a dozen pink roses! They are so pretty! They hand delivered them because they already miss me...and I miss them too.

I heard from my old office 3 different times today - all with questions for me. But, that's no big deal. I'm here to help out any way I can. I got a text message from one of my former co-workers, telling me how much she was already missing me. And...its only been a day! (yesterday was a holiday for state workers) But seriously...I miss ALL of them. It is so different changing jobs after all these years. I don't know how people do it that have been in the same job 20+ years.

I know I didn't write last week, but I was so busy at work, trying to get ready for the transition. My office gave me a wonderful going away party - one that I wish I would have videotaped. Their kinds words and actions were all expressed that day and it's something I will never forget. In fact, it led me to tears. But I will certainly miss the people I worked with on a daily basis. They are the ones that made my job as great as it was.

Tomorrow is a new day in which I will learn that much more stuff. I'm excited about this change. I'm excited about growth. I'm excited that I have tomorrow to look forward to. Have a great week!

No comments: