Lately, I have noticed more and more married people are not wearing their wedding rings, and this disturbs me. I can understand older people that can't wear their ring because they lost it, or it doesn't fit anymore, or for pregnant girls who are so swollen that they are forced to take it off. But, I am talking about people who are recently married and just choose to not wear one. And, its not just men I've noticed - its women too.
I'm just wondering about these people - are they setting themselves up for failure? Do they not wear one because they don't want people to know they are married? Does this leave the door wide open for them to "make a move" when they certainly should not be doing that?
Marriage is a covenant. A committment you make to your spouse. A ring is a symbol of that committment, not only to the world, but to God. So, my hope and prayer is that my husband will always proudly wear his ring and let the world know he is in love and in a committed marriage...a marriage that lasts a lifetime.
No comments:
Post a Comment