Saturday, January 30, 2010

Winter Wonderland


Oklahoma has become quite the winter wonderland lately. And, as pretty as it may be, I hate it. I am a warm weather girl...always have been...so this cold stuff just bugs me. But, I also know its the Lord's creation and He created these season's in our life. There is a beautiful song that Nichole Nordeman wrote and sings that displays every season so perfectly, but describes winter just as I remember it being.

Excerpt from "Every Season" by Nichole Nordeman

And everything in time, and under Heaven
Finally falls asleep
Wrapped in blankets white, all creation
Shivers underneath
And still I notice you when branches crack
And in my breath on frosted glass
Even now in death you open doors for life to enter
You are winter...

So, as I sit at home for the fourth day in a row, I still notice Him. I hope you notice Him too.

No comments: