Our little town in Oklahoma has been experiencing quite the number of earthquakes lately, and most of the time, they happen in the middle of the night...and on Sundays. In fact, I've gotten to where I don't go to bed on Sunday nights until after we've had one - they have been that frequent.
But today's happened around 1:15 this morning. And yes, it is a Sunday and if you can believe it, I was still awake (and if you haven't figured it out already, I'm STILL awake and it's 2:15). Most of the time, I am laying in bed and the sound is what is most frightening. But tonight, everything in the house shook. EVERYTHING. In fact, I thought my tv was going to come off the dresser and the ceiling fan was going to find a new home on my floor.
I have no idea why we've been having so many. Who would have ever thought that Oklahoma would experience earthquakes? But, I'm certainly happy that we do not experience the magnitude of an earthquake like Haiti did just recently. Oh...how my heart goes out to them.
So...until next Sunday (perhaps before then), I guess I can rest peacefully, knowing there won't be another earthquake for another week (I hope). Good night!!
No comments:
Post a Comment