Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year = New Job

When I went back to work this past Monday morning, I had no idea that my work life would change in an instant. As soon as I sat down at my desk, I received a phone call from a former co-worker/friend who is now a big-wig at a state agency. He is known to give me a hard time about things, so I honestly didn't know what he was going to give me a hard time about. My mind was going ninety to nothing - I had no idea why he had called and needed to see me right away.

My walk to his office was brief, but yet it seemed like it took forever. What did he want to talk to me about? Well, low and behold, when I got there, he offered me a job. A good job. And I wasn't even looking for a new job.

I left his office, knowing I would be really stupid to not take it, but I wanted to pray about it and make sure I was making the right decision. You see - my job security ends in about a year, as my boss is appointed by the Governor and since next year is an election year, there is no telling who will be put in that position and whether or not he/she would keep me on.

When I got home Monday night, I told my parents about the events of the day, and asked them to pray with me. When doing my quiet time that night, I asked the Lord to show me what I should do. Well, I opened my bible right to the book of Ruth. Over and over again, this book has blessed me. But this time, it blessed me knowing that when Naomi and Ruth packed up their things, they had no idea what awaited them. But in the end, they were both truly blessed.

So, its time to pack up my things and go on a journey I've never been on before, but praying in the end I will be blessed...and the Lord will be blessed. I have no idea what this journey has in store, but I am already super excited about the changes that are occurring.

As I look back on 2009, it has been a good year, but it was full of life changes for me. Selling my house, moving back home, changing spending habits, losing friends, gaining friends. But I am really looking forward to the life changes ahead in 2010. A new job, a new boss, a new sense of happiness. And, beyond the job front, who knows what 2010 holds? HE does, and I'm sure they will be full of surprises, just as they have been this past year.

I hope and pray you have a blessed 2010 - I know I'm looking forward to it (and the new job too!) Happy New Year!!!

2 comments:

Squirly Girls said...

What a blessing! Isn't God good?! He has to make our nest uncomfortable or we would never fly. You have been such an example to me this year of trusting in Him. Thank you.

Marsha said...

Congrats Becky! I am happy for you. Cant wait to hear all about it!