Have you ever had moments in your life that all the sudden you look back and feel blessed? That has happened to me numerous times this week. I am blessed. So what are these blessings and why am I thankful for them?
1. I am blessed to have a wonderful job. I've been through many bosses in the past 7 years, but I am truly working with two of the best bosses in the world right now. I do not dread going to work every morning (if you can believe it) and they thank me on a consistent basis. Its nice to be "needed" but yet complimented at the same time.
2. I am blessed to have a former boss that still compliments me and my genuineness, even though I have not worked for him in almost 10 years. I had a friend of my former boss visit me in the office today, and tell me how much Hank still brags about me to this day. Hank was a hard boss to work for, but he taught me everything I know as far as being a hard worker, and I thank him for that blessing. I sure do miss him.
3. I am blessed to have a wonderful home. In my earlier post, I had wrote about the flowers I have blooming in the flower bed. Well, since the rain last night and the sunshine this week, they are absolutely beautiful! I can't wait until they all bloom out!
4. I am blessed for the acceptance of singleness this past month. I have had a peace beyond understanding that only He can give. I'm pretty sure I will hit a rough patch here soon, but one thing I do know is that they don't last long and He is beside me every step of the way.
5. I am blessed with friends and family that support me, encourage me, love me and cherish me. I am so thankful to have them in my life.
6. I am blessed with food in my frig! I was so excited to go to the grocery store this past weekend! I know its a small thing, but in reality, its a big thing!
7. I am blessed with a great car! It's almost 10 years old and I'm about to hit the dreaded 100,000 miles. But, it runs great and I haven't had a car payment in years! I hope to be able to drive it at least 10 more years - maybe 20! Okay, I know I'm pushing it now...
8. I am blessed with good health. As you've probably read, last year was not a good year for me, especially the month of May. But, I got through this year's month of May and everything was great! Even went for a yearly check-up with the doctor and she wasn't concerned about anything. PTL!
9. I am blessed to know that maybe (just maybe) I have found a new church home. Go figure that it would be the farthest from my house! Maybe the Lord is trying to teach me something (or reveal that I need to move north? - HA!)
10. I am blessed with the assurance that I know Christ as my personal Savior.
My heart goes out to those who lost loved ones on the Air France flight this week. The people on that plane did not know they were boarding their final flight for their final destination. And the same is with us - whether or not its when we get in our car to go somewhere, good weather turns bad, a simple deposit at the bank where a robber shows, or we are gunned down in our own neighborhood. We need to be ready to go in an instant. I know I am...are you?
Thank you for being a blessing to me! And thanks for reading my ramblings (or whatever you want to call them!) Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment