Sunday, June 28, 2009

Surrender

You know how when you wake up in the morning - you're awake but you just don't want to open your eyes yet? Well, that was me this morning. Except...as soon as I woke up this morning, I had these verses come immediately to my mind:

I Peter 5:6-8
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.

As I laid there in bed, I wasn't quite sure why the Lord was giving me this verse first thing in the morning. But then I realized how much stress I've been under lately and it feels like I have carried the burden myself - I hadn't given any of it to the Lord. So, I think this was His reminder to me that He is there and I CAN surrender all of my anxiety, cares and burdens upon Him. Afterall, that is what He tells us to do.

I got out of bed and did completely that - I surrendered all of my burdens to Him - and what a relief! I have felt so much better and I'm actually looking forward to this busy week. Just remember that you can cast your burdens upon Him as well - He is there to listen to you, no matter what you are going through.

No comments: