Thursday, December 3, 2009

Stressed

I AM STRESSED. Big time. Without a doubt. S-T-R-E-S-S-E-D. I have been busy at work, then it seems every night I’ve had something going on. In fact, I haven’t even had time to get on the computer to check my e-mail or the random updates of my facebook friends. When I get stressed, my body seems to endure the worst parts of it, so guess what happened last night? My pattern of sleepless nights came back and I was awake for hours. Add tiredness to the stress factor and BOOM – it equals someone in a really bad mood.

I don’t like to be in a bad mood. I rarely am. I’m usually that happy-go-lucky person that goes with the flow and is pretty much in a good mood all the time. I’ve learned not to let things bother me. But on the other hand, when I think I don’t want to be bothered by it, it creeps back and pinches my arm to remind me its still there and that it really is going to bother me – whether I want it to or not.

I go to the most wonderful Endocrinologist in the world. She is great and I have been seeing her for almost 15 years now. It’s almost as if she is my friend now – she asks me about my family, especially my nephews, how I am doing, and what’s been going on in my life. Well, when I had my regular appointment on Monday, she asked me how I was doing and I immediately started crying. I had a huge meltdown in front of my doctor. It was awful. It was at that moment that my arm was pinched and I realized that the things bothering me right now – the bad mood I have been in – were all catching up to me. My doctor got up out of her chair, walked over to me and gave me a huge hug. How many can say they actually got a caring hug from their doctor?

I left her office, and just cried my eyes out all the way to the car, and on to my next doctor’s appointment. I needed comforting that day. I needed to be squeezed so the bad mood would wash away and I would be filled with the joy and peace that only He can give.

For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. – 2 Corinthians 1:5-6

My prayer for you this week is that you will rest in Him; seek Him; find comfort in Him. It has taken me almost a week to find it, but it’s always been there. I just had to be pinched one more time.

1 comment:

Squirly Girls said...

We are all in the same boat. This time of year is always overwhelmingly busy. Satan would love for us to focus on the to-do-list instead of the reason we are doing everything. I am praying God will give you peace and rest as you try to get everything done.