Sunday, November 22, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Psalm 100

Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth
Worship the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs
Know that the Lord is God. It is He who made us, and we are His; We are His people, the sheep of His pasture
Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name
For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations


David wrote this Psalm as a thanksgiving, and I thought it was appropriate to share this week. I have so many things to be thankful for - one of which is 2009 being a much better year than 2008!!

I'm still thankful for my family, my friends, my job, my health, my home (even though its not my own anymore) and my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. But here is just a glimpse of other things I am thankful for:

I'm thankful for the sleep I am getting these days - no more burdensome, sleepless nights in an empty house.

I'm thankful that I have accepted my singleness - this season in my life that I should be grateful for and not aggravated at.

I'm thankful for the patience I have learned this past year.

I'm thankful for a loving and supporting Mom and Dad that let me move back home - no questions asked.

I'm thankful that I am finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel by getting all my debt paid off. What a wonderful feeling! I will never use a credit card again!

I'm thankful for the numerous times I have been able to sing solo specials at my parents church. I need to get back into singing in a choir again soon - wherever that may be.

I'm thankful for the bad days, because if all my days were good, I wouldn't have anything to be thankful for.

I'm thankful for my pillow at night and a blanket for warmth.

I'm thankful for our troops, overseas and here in the US. What sacrifices they make for strangers everyday.

I'm thankful for my canine family. My housesitting duties have really picked up this past year and I am so thankful! I personally do not have a dog because all of them are my dogs!!!

I'm thankful for a lot of other things and I could go on and on and on about them.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving this year! What are you thankful for?