Tuesday, December 8, 2009

December

Last night as I was driving home from work, I couldn’t help but think about this time of year...how wonderful it is. And, as much as I hate cold weather, I have loved the crispness in the air that it has given. It seems so appropriate for it to be cold in December – makes Christmas that much more amazing.

I love how almost everyone has put up Christmas lights this year. It seems it’s been a few years since people have done that. I love to drive around and see how people have decorated their houses on the outside. You can tell a lot about a person just looking at their Christmas decorations.

In a few hours, I will be boarding a plane to the sunshine state of Florida. I am so excited. I will be visiting a place that’s magical and where Christmas decorations abound. And, it will be about 40 degrees warmer than Oklahoma! But, my Mom and I are really looking forward to our time away and relaxing.

To close, I cannot pass up the opportunity to mention my Mammaw. She passed away 7 years ago tomorrow. As I have said before, there is not a day that passes and I don’t think of her. I think back to right before she died, I was able to spend a few hours with her – just me and her – and we talked about everything from family, things from the past, present and future, and she told me things that I had never been told before. She told me how much she loved me and cared for me...and I was able to tell her the same. The Lord knew He would take her from this earth less than 2 weeks after that wonderful night, and I believe He orchestrated our time together – something I will always cherish.

While December is a hard month for me and my family, we know that it was Mammaw’s favorite time of year. Not only do we celebrate His birth, but we celebrate her life. A life she is now living with Christ. I can’t wait for the day we will all have Christmas together again.

1 comment:

Squirly Girls said...

This was a precious post. I hope you have a great time in Florida. Get lots of sun and rest.