Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Disney Christmas Vacation - Part 2

As I said in my previous post, we had a wonderful time on vacation. Tonight at church, one of the ladies walked up to me and said "you and your Mom both look really relaxed - we can tell you had a good time". And, we did. And, we are relaxed. Some would probably think that Disney can't at all be relaxing, but it really was for us. It was just a good time to get away.

Then, of course, it was back to the grind today. Reality set in first thing this morning when it was so cold outside, but it really set in when I went to run an errand this afternoon and my car wouldn't start! It was as dead as dead could be. My Dad told me to be thankful that I even made it to work today. But, I am thankful. Not that I made it in, but that I had taken my lunch today and decided at the last minute to run an errand. Had I not decided to run my errand, it would have been a very late night tonight, and it would have continued into tomorrow. But, my Dad was able to jump my car, drive it to the repair shop and get a new battery. And, its still covered under warranty! I am so thankful! Amazing how the Lord always works things out...

Anyway, back to the trip. Here are a few more pics to share. While Disney is all about decorations and festive shows, lights, etc., they are also good about making sure the real reason of Christmas gets out. They have a Candlelight Processional 3 times a night, where a guest narrator comes in and reads the Christmas story out of Luke 2. The story is accompanied by wonderful Christmas hymns and songs sung by a mass choir and music played by a mass orchestra. It is great! I got goosebumps several times that night, just realizing we were at Disney and being told the greatest story of ALL time! So, you will see our experience in one of the pictures below, where the guest narrator was Chita Rivera.


Can you tell that I'm already ready to go back? But, exciting and new adventures already await us! More to come later!!! ;)

No comments: