Monday, December 7, 2009

Wonderful Weekend

For over a year now, I anticipated this past weekend's activities. When my Mom and I found out that the 3 best teachers of ALL time were coming to OKC, we didn't want to miss the chance to see them. They started advertising their arrival over a year ago, so we bought the tickets and anticipated the arrival of the Deeper Still Conference, where we would hear from Kay Arthur, Beth Moore and Priscilla Shirer.

All I can really say about the conference is WOW. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time and couldn't wait for the next word's to come out of their mouths. It started off with Kay Arthur on Friday night, then Priscilla Shirer on Saturday morning, and Beth Moore finished it off Saturday afternoon/evening. To enjoy the whole weekend experience, my Mom and I even got a hotel room in Bricktown and had a great "girls weekend".

We were so blessed to have such great seats Friday and Saturday. In fact, we ended up basically being on the 4th row - but the 1st row of seats in our particular section. We couldn't have asked for anything better. I took a few pics with my cell phone (we weren't allowed to take cameras in) and I've posted a few of them here.

Among the MANY things I learned this weekend was:

1. Rest in God because He is able. Hebrews (I think Kay covered every chapter)
2. NOW is the time to consider the greatness of God. Eph 3:20-21
3. We need to have spiritual discernment. I Cor 2:6-16

I am so blessed to know a God that I can rest in and can trust Him with the little things in life, and to know He will give me the discernment that I need. Beth Moore hit it right on the button about spiritual discernment. It was AMAZING how much I learned from her that afternoon...from all of them!

Here are the pics. Please excuse the blurriness...they were taken with my cell phone. Have a great week!


This is Travis Cottrell, an amazing worship leader. I have all of his CD's - you should check out his newest one, which is a Christmas CD. Great songs!

They did a song at the very beginning on Saturday morning, and all the ladies were wearing sunglasses. One of Priscilla's son's joined them on stage too.


This was Kay Arthur and Beth Moore praying over Priscilla before she spoke.



This was the ladies during a Q&A Session Saturday night. We laughed so hard that night!


Finally, this is one of my favorite pictures. My Mom and I both like to watch Beth Moore during the praise and worship, because you can tell her heart is in the right place and she doesn't care what others think about her while she's worshipping. There is JOY written all across her and I'm so glad the Lord placed women's ministry in her life, as well as Kay's and Priscilla's. We are blessed to have these women in our lives as our Godly teachers.

No comments: