Thankfully I have not been personally effected by the H1N1 virus, but I sure do know some people that have and know how sick they were. When they made the announcement earlier this week that the vaccine was open to everyone now, I wondered if I should get one or not. Well, then an announcement came they were going to give them at the Capitol - free of charge - during a 3 hour window period today.
I notified all of our employees about it, and headed out the door and across the hall to go get one. Well, once I got there, you would have thought they opened it up to the entire public...you should have seen the line! At first I wasn't going to wait, but a friend of mine who is a nurse told me last night that I should get one. So, I preceded to stand in line.
I waited...and I waited...and I waited. After an HOUR had passed, I finally got to the front of the line and it was my turn to go next. The nurse was really nice, and you could tell they were not expecting the crowd that was there. I felt really sorry for her. But anyway, she proceeds to give me my shot, then when I thought it was all said and done, she looks at me and says "I think we need to do it again." WHAT??? Apparently it leaked quite a bit when she gave me the shot, so we had to repeat the process.
All this to say - if I start oinking or rolling in mud the next few days, you all know I received too much of the swine part!!! oink, oink ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment