Sunday, November 8, 2009

Join Me in Prayer

I work in politics. Period. Whether I like it or not, I am in the middle of it all. But that's my job. I knew I was getting into it when I accepted the position, but honestly, politics are everywhere - church, home, friends, family, etc - not just at the State Capitol.

People have differences and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Everyone disagrees about something and some think they are more right than others. Because I do what I do, I usually keep my opinions to myself. But, it does not stop me from reading other political blogs/sites to see what others opinions are - whether I agree or disagree.

I have been following Brandon Dutcher's blog for quite some time. He keeps up with whats going on at the State Capitol and US Capitol - and every political subject in-between. While I have never met this man or his family, I have certainly heard of him at the State Capitol, which makes it more interesting to follow his blog.

A few weeks ago, the Dutcher family welcomed another daughter into their family, named Anne Marie, but she was born with a diaphragmatic hernia. While she was still in the womb, they discovered she had a hole in her diaphragm and the contents of her abdomen had been moved into her chest - intestins, liver, etc.

My heart goes out to this family and the heavy emotions they are experiencing. Will you please join me in prayer for this little girl and her family? One thing that is so encouraging - her parents have been so unwavering in their faith in God during this difficult time.

To learn more about Brandon, his wife Susie, and their little girl, please visit Brandon's blog at http://brandondutcher.blogspot.com/. And when you think about it, please pray for this family.

No comments: