Have you ever felt that God was calling you somewhere but you were in unbelief about it? That you knew it was going to take a giant leap of faith, but you weren’t sure if it was you or God telling you?
As you all know, 2013 was a terrible year for me. 2014 did not start out that great either. I was still very unhappy at my job and no matter what I did, I felt like I was constantly defending myself. I got to a point that after a year, I was tired of defending myself and having people running all over me. It was time for me to stand up and take that giant leap of faith that I felt the Lord was calling me to do for quite some time. It was time for me to overcome my unbelief.
The day after my 37th birthday, I received a performance evaluation at my job. Friends – let me tell you – this was the worst employee evaluation I have ever read, seen or even received. It was awful. In one sentence it would praise me for doing such a great job, but in the next sentence it would chastise me for exactly the same thing. They were full of broken promises from the first day I started there. I should have known after finding myself in the bathroom crying on my 2nd day of the job. After the year I’d had, this was certainly not how I wanted to spend 2014.
In the meantime, a friend of mine who originally had a tenant in her Boca Raton condo moved out unexpectedly, breaking her 12 month lease. I have often visited the condo for vacation, and have often (more often than not) thought of living there – but it was so far from home. I had been praying for a new job, but suddenly I felt an overwhelming peace about quitting my job and moving to Boca.
Move to Boca? Are you serious? What about a job? I certainly wasn’t sure if it was the excitement overtaking my mind or if it really was the Lord leading me here. But friends – so many doors opened at exactly the right time. And as much as I hated leaving home, I did.
I began my actual journey earlier this year, praying for the Lord’s guidance in my life. For the hope in my life of despair. For a change in my life, whatever that may be.
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. – 2 Corinthians 4:7-9 (NIV)
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. – 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (NIV)
My journey has landed me in Boca Raton, FL. I’ve been here 2 days and while I have not found a job yet, I have a hope in my Lord Jesus Christ that He will take care of me and open that door in His time. I had an interview with a placement agency today, but it didn’t go well. I subsequently had a meltdown, but as a friend reminded me tonight – I have to be patient and trust in the Lord for His will in my life. The last 2 days have been spent getting settled in, unpacking and going before the Lord with prayer and petition for a job. Will you join me in that prayer and petition?
Today I’m missing my family, friends, church family and…home. But, I can’t wait to share with you all the goodness and mercies of our Lord Jesus!
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think of such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me, put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. – Philippians 4:4-9 (NIV)
No comments:
Post a Comment