Wednesday, April 16, 2014

My Journey - Week 3, Part 1

My third full week has come to a close and it was quite the week!  Last Sunday night, I was invited by a new friend to attend her church, who was having a special speaker that night – Christine Caine.  I actually had been thinking about backing out because I didn’t know who this Christine Caine was (she’s from Hillsong), but also knew that the Lord would deliver a special word to me if I went, so I went.  It was the furthest I’ve been since I’ve moved here, but I will say it was all worth it!  Christine was absolutely AMAZING and what she spoke on was delivered straight to me.  In fact, at one point I thought I was the only one in the room.  She spoke of Abraham and Sarah, and how the Lord had promised them a child, but Abraham was old in age.  Many of you who read this blog know the story of Abraham and Sarah, and the part that Hagar played in this story.  However, in the scripture (Genesis 17), God promises exclusively to Sarah that SHE will bear a son, and his name is to be called Isaac.  Sarah was old in age as well, and she laughed at God and the thought that she would be having a child in her old age.  In the end, the Lord made a covenant and promise and Sarah did indeed bear Abraham a son, and his name was Isaac.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve laughed at God or doubted what He would do for me.  Just like
Abraham and Sarah, I doubted the Lord’s promises just because of my circumstances.  What we need to do is BELIEVE that the Lord provides these promises to us in HIS timing.  We, as Christians, are important in the Lord’s eyes.  We are His children and He will do whatever it takes to guide us and teach us what we need to know.  He wants what is best for us.

I left that service and was really encouraged by everything I heard.  I was ready to conquer my week, because I was reminded that the Lord was with me every step of the way and I needed to believe that He would take care of me and this job search I’m on.

As you may recall, I had an interview scheduled for Monday morning, so I got up and went to that, only to be turned away minutes after I arrived because the interviewer had called in sick.  I was so discouraged, but know that if it’s the Lord’s will, He will open the doors back up to that particular company.  I came back to the condo that afternoon and applied for many more jobs when I suddenly felt overwhelmed and just “tired” of applying for jobs.  I decided that Tuesday was going to be a “me” day, and that’s exactly what I made it.  I put down the phone and computer and headed to the beach for the day.  It was an absolutely gorgeous day and it felt so good to have the Lord in control of every aspect of my life.

Today I’ve spent my day taking a few other assessment tests for jobs I had applied for and more job hunting.  I received a call from the County, asking if I could interview tomorrow.  I quickly said yes, so I’ll be heading out the door to Ft. Lauderdale in the morning.  I’m really excited about this job opportunity and what it holds.

Again, thank you so much for your prayers and your encouraging words/calls/notes.  They have meant so much to me, especially on the lonely days.  If there is a specific way I can pray for you, will you please let me know?  Hope you all have a great remainder of the week!

No comments: