Sunday, April 20, 2014

My Journey - Week 3, Part 2

Happy Easter my friends!  I hope you’ve had a fabulous day celebrating our Lord’s resurrection!  The church service this morning was amazing and again, I’m so thankful the Lord brought me to a bible believing church that preaches the Word of God and ministers to the lost.  As soon as I get to the parking lot, I have an overwhelming peace about being there.  And it’s amazing how many people I’ve already met in the two weeks I’ve been there.  Almost the entire staff knows me by name, but I think that’s because of my very first experience with a church member (you know – the one whose seat I was sitting in).  When the pastor found out about it, he actually personally e-mailed me to say that he was sorry on behalf of himself and the church.  It was really quite humbling.  I was also told today that they lifted me up in their Saturday morning prayer service.  I’m just so encouraged by all the people praying for me.  It’s amazing.

Let’s see…Thursday morning I headed out the door to Ft. Lauderdale for my interview with the County.  The interview went well and they seemed really interested in me.  It would be a great job to have, as it’s like a state job and once you get your foot in the door, you can go anywhere.  It would be a nice, stable job, but again, it’s all in the Lord’s hands.

That evening, I had been invited to my church’s group (from now on I’m going to call it YP, because that’s the name of the group (short for Young Professionals)) for a networking dinner.  I arrived a little late because it was pouring down rain and the traffic was terrible!  I was hoping and praying on my way there that they would be running late, as I was running late and I certainly didn’t want to be the last one to walk in.  I arrived and they had not started (to which I was so thankful for), and I quickly saw all of my new friends, as well as meeting other new acquaintances and friends.  They have all inundated my e-mail this week, asking me for my resume and cover letter.  They all have their eyes and ears open for me and I’m so grateful the Lord surrounded me with positive and encouraging friends.  The dinner was marvelous and I was so glad the church held a networking dinner.  I learned more about the City and what their future plans are, as well as the future plans for the YP group.  I’m just so excited to be a part of this group (even though I’m probably too old, but we won’t tell anyone!)

Friday ended up being a rainy day here in south Florida.  One thing I am starting to notice – you have absolutely no idea when it’s just going to pour.  There is no sprinkle or cloud, giving you a warning what’s about to occur.  It just pours.  And it can pour for 5 minutes or 5 hours.  You just don’t know.  I will say that the Florida air has helped with my allergies tremendously!  I can’t tell you the last time I didn’t have nasal congestion.  I hope this is a more permanent solution than temporary.  Anyway, I had a few more assessment tests to take that morning, and while I was completing them, my phone rang from another company, setting up an interview for next Tuesday.  Friends, if I asked for your prayer, it would be for this.  I REALLY want this job that I’m interviewing for on Tuesday.  It is everything I’m looking for in a job, it pays well, and better yet – it’s less than 3 miles from the condo.  Please join me in prayer that if it’s the Lord’s will for me to have this job, that He will open up the doors and allow it to happen.  I’m so excited about this opportunity and everything it holds!

I woke up to rain again yesterday, but it quickly went away, making for another beautiful day here in Boca, so I packed my lunch and headed to the beach.  The rain left the humidity high, which I am still getting used to, so I think I sweated more than anything while I sat there.  In fact, I love going to the beach but I rarely get in the water (I know – right?!?!).  I had to get in the water yesterday – it was THAT hot!  But as I was sitting there, I was thinking about how I can’t wait to be happy again.  And then, it was as if the Lord tapped me on the shoulder and said “you will find your happiness in me”.  I just started boo-hooing my eyes out.  He was right.  ALL of my happiness is in HIM and through HIM.  What a fool I’ve been, thinking that my happiness was going to come in a different state, a different job and a different environment.  My hope and happiness does come from our Lord Jesus Christ.

Which leads me to this question – where does your happiness come from?

Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am calling on you constantly.  Give me happiness, O Lord, for I give myself to you.  O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive, so full of unfailing love for all who ask for your help. – Psalm 86:3-5 (NLT)

Happy Easter, my friends!

No comments: