Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day 2011

Well, Labor Day has come and gone this year.  Another sign that Summer is over.  And the Oklahoma weather sure proved it.  It was 98 on Saturday, then only 68 on Sunday.  Before long, everyone will be complaining of allergies (myself included) because of the massive temperature drops we experience.

I will admit, yesterday was a good day weather-wise.  I spent the majority of my day off outside, cleaning some things and getting ready for Fall.  I sure couldn't have done that a week ago.  My day was spent gathering my belongings to sell in a garage sale we are having at the end of the month.  I've decided to go ahead and sell everything from my house.  And when I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING!  Furniture, appliances, bedding, knick-knacks, etc.  It was really hard for me to come to that conclusion, but once I put the pencil to paper and did the math, it was best that I go ahead and sell now.  When I do decide to move, I can buy all new things, or maybe (just maybe) I'll meet a guy, marry him and move into his home that already has furniture and appliances!  This is definitely wishful and hopeful thinking...  So if you are in the market for anything, let me know.  I'll probably put some things on Craigslist the week before, then what I don't sell there, we will put in the garage sale.

Last year, I posted about Labor Day here and how my Mom and I always stayed up to watch the MDA telethon with Jerry Lewis.  Well, things changed this year, as it was aired during primetime only and Jerry Lewis was noticeably absent.  I really missed him.  But as I posted last year, MDA is close to our hearts, as we have several people with a muscular dystrophy disease in our family, including my Dad.  We don't really talk about it, as we know there is no cure and the disease gets visibly worse year after year.  I know there are many charitable organizations to give to throughout the year, and I would encourage everyone to do so, whether it's through MDA or some other organization that is near and dear to your heart.  Plus, it's tax deductible!

Sorry for the lack of posts here lately.  I told you all that I would write more, but it's really hard to get on the computer at home when I've been on a computer at work all day.  Sometimes I just want to curl up, sit outside and read a good magazine when I get home.  Before long, I won't be able to do that.  Sigh...

Enjoy your week!

No comments: