Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day

Wow...I can't believe how fast this year is flying by! Labor day always signifies the end of summer, and boy, I can feel it today. I'm not even sure we will be able to get in the pool today - it is so windy outside! But regardless, I am going to enjoy my day off!

What I love about Labor day is the MDA Telethon. My Mom and I stay up really late on Sunday night to see it come on and welcome Jerry Lewis. I don't what they are going to do when he is gone. I think he looks better this year than he did last year! He's had some tough health problems over the years, but he comes back better than ever every year!

MDA is close to my heart, as several of my family members have been diagnosed with a disease that is a form of muscular dystrophy. Just as it is with cancer, there is not a cure, and it takes millions of dollars every year to research a cure. I would encourage you to donate to MDA or another non-profit agency that will help us find a cure for our loved ones.

My posts here will be few and far between this month, as I am housesitting most of the month and will not have a computer. I have many things to look forward to this month as well (birthday parties, work trips, etc) and will post about them later on. I hope you have a great month and I'll update again soon (hopefully)!

No comments: