Why is it that something so important...something you look forward to all year...is over in a heartbeat? I just don't get it. It seems like yesterday I was celebrating my birthday. Where has the time gone? You mean to tell me that summer is over? This really bums me out!
This summer has been unusual. Of course, we have been burdened with the 50+ days of 100 degree weather. We have had virtually no rain. It has been hot...and dry...and miserable. But, I've had the best swimming days. I've spent lots of time outside. I've spent memorable days with my nephews. It's been fun.
This summer, I also made a new friend who lives on Long Island in New York. She has been a breath of fresh air and such an encouragement to me. It is quite odd how we started "talking", but when two people have a love for Disney, you always find something to talk about! Anyway, Michele has been a great "pen pal" these past few months. When I'm feeling down and lonely, she finds a way to cheer me up and make me feel better. She is a super wife and Mom and I know this because of our e-mails. We have so much in common and I thank the Lord for sending her to me at such a time in my life that I needed a friend. I look forward to the day I can fly to NY to meet her and I imagine it will be sooner rather than later. (and shame on you all for thinking my "new friend" was a guy! I know that's what you were thinking!)
This summer has put me in a funk. In a mood that I cannot explain. In a time in my life that so many things are changing. I'm getting older (and wiser...I hope). I'm finding out who and what is important in my life. It's been a time to shake off the negative and put on the positive. It's been quite the summer.
So, as the summer comes to an end and kids are heading back to school, I wonder again why summer is over so much sooner than the rest of the year. But then maybe it's best, especially this year, that summer went by so fast.
Maybe I'll finally get out of this blah mood of mine.
Maybe I'll make some new friends.
Maybe we'll finally have a fall here in Oklahoma.
Wouldn't that be nice?
No comments:
Post a Comment