Monday, September 19, 2011

Flooding Emotions

I have had a lot of flooding emotions recently.  Things have been super busy at work and home seems to be the same.  I went through my calendar the other day and I have something going on every weekend until December.  Isn't that sad?  I have no idea when I'm going to catch up on my sleep.

This past month I've done a lot of crying.  I even cried at work - and I haven't done that since I started my new job a year and a half ago.  It was a very emotional time for me and a lot of decisions were having to be made in a short amount of time.  Thankfully things have worked out for the best and all is right with the world now.

Today I had my POD delivered to the house - the POD that holds every belonging I had in my house.  The POD that is about to be emptied and every belonging sold.  It's been a tough day.  Am I doing the right thing?  Am I sure that I want to sell everything I have?  I think so.  Actually, I know so.  No, I never imagined that two years ago this month I would still be living at home and I certainly didn't figure I would sell everything, especially after storing it for the last 2 years.  But, since moving out is not on the current horizon, at least for the next year, I need to go ahead and sell because otherwise, I would be losing money.  With the cost of my monthly storage fee, I could buy brand new furniture.

It's been a tough conclusion to come to.  But, as my goal has been this year, I am de-cluttering my life.  I am getting rid of the things I don't need, and making a fresh start.  So yes, I've had an emotional day today.  It was especially hard when I opened the POD today and it smelled just like my house did.  I haven't smelled that sweet smell in over 2 years.

I'm so thankful to the Lord for providing sweet memories for me.  For guiding me through a rough few weeks at work and home.  For giving me an understanding of what is right and what is wrong.  For helping me along this path in which I follow Him and what He wants me to do.  And for providing the perfect buyers for my furnishings, just as He did two years ago when He provided the perfect buyer for my home.

Flooding emotions are good.  I consider them a reminder of a promise that God has given me....that everything is the way it's supposed to be at this time in my life.

No comments: