What a memorable date! I wish it was a memorable day, but it wasn't for me. But according to the newspapers and internet, several couples are tying the knot today, not to mention women being induced all day today. I'm sure it was a busy day for preachers and doctors! But, not so much for me. I got up and went to church this morning, and just did my usual routine. We did, however, have a ground breaking ceremony after the church service. I know the people of the church are so excited to be building a new education center that will host numerous children, young couples, and senior adults. And what's even better...it will be built completely debt free! I think that is so great!
Since the middle of the summer, I have taken on a new responsibility at church by being the one to put the words of the music we sing on the screens. It has sometimes been quite stressful, as there are a lot of steps to doing it and making sure it is right. Every time I have messed up, I suddenly feel these glaring eyes looking at the sound booth, wondering what in the world I am doing. But, I'm getting used to it. It has been different doing that, though, because I feel more focused on getting everything right than listening to what we sing or what the preacher preaches. But today was different - I was able to praise him in my chair while doing the words on the screen, all at the same time, and I left today being blessed.
I find it so hard in my busy life to praise God. It's not that I forget about God being in my life and being all around me all the time, but I get in a routine that I don't want to detour from and it's just easier to stay on the path well driven then to stop and think about what I'm doing or what I should be doing. But then there are songs like this, that we sung today in church, that bring me back to what I want to do in my life, all the time:
Praise You
Lord I come to you, today
With a simple prayer to pray
In everything I do
Let my life, oh Lord, praise You
Praise You, Praise You
Let my life, Praise You
Praise You, Praise You
Let my life, oh Lord, Praise You
Lord, you formed me out of clay
And for your glory, I was made
Use this vessel as you choose
Let my life, oh Lord, praise You
On this memorable date, I am going to remember how He spoke to me through music this morning and through these words. I certainly want to praise Him in everything I do this week.
PS - I wanted to give the proper credit to the one who wrote this song, so I just googled it on the internet. I had no idea that Elizabeth Goodine and Carol Cymbala wrote it. If Carol Cymbala sounds familiar, she is the wife of Jim Cymbala (pastor of the Brooklyn Tabernacle in NY) and she is the worship leader of the Brooklyn Tabernacle choir. If you remember, my Mom and I were able to visit this church and hear this choir back in February, when we went to NYC for my birthday trip. What an amazing time we had! Now I know why I love this song so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment