Today has been a long day. Actually, it's been a long two days. Yesterday was not the best day at work - I had to have a meeting with the people that clean our building and tell them they are not doing their job, and one of the guys kept lying about it (even though I had proof that he had not done the things he said he did) and I ended up telling him to "stop lying". I felt bad afterwards because I had just called him a liar, but I also realized in his own words, he was calling me a liar. It was not a good conversation. In the end, though, I wondered how God feels when we do tell lies. I was clearly offended today, so how does He feel, when so many of us tell lies on a daily basis. Just put things into perspective, that's all.
I continued my day at work, then went home so my Mom and I could go to our hotel room downtown. We walked in the "Race for the Cure" this morning, and thought that getting a room downtown would be easy on us getting up the next morning. One thing after another went wrong at the hotel. I finally told my Mom this morning that maybe I deserved all of the things that were happening to me after my instance at work yesterday. Oh well.
This morning was good as my Mom and I walked with 18,000 other people in the Race for the Cure. My Mom has been walking in it for years, but I finally decided to join her this year, and I'm glad I did. It was amazing, looking around, knowing that everyone there was either a breast cancer survivor or knew someone that had breast cancer and already left this earth. For my Mom and I, we walked for my Mammaw, who was diagnosed with breast cancer and died almost 9 years ago. I can't believe she's been gone for so long. But, it was a bittersweet day.
After we were done walking, my Dad came and picked us up, and we headed out to run errands. I took a shortcut through a neighborhood when out of nowhere, a dog ran out in front of me. And when I say it ran out in front of me, I am dead serious. This dog came out of nowhere at full speed. So, after slamming on the breaks and feeling the thumps through the car, I looked over and saw this guy just standing there with his hands over his mouth. I thought to myself "I just ran over this guy's dog". I didn't know what to do. So, I put the car in park and got out of the car, anticipating to see a dog lying on the ground because I had just ran over it. Well, to my surprise, there was no dog there. It wasn't even underneath the car. I looked at the guy and he said to me "that is a CRAZY dog; it's not my dog; but it's a CRAZY dog". Anyway, I asked him where it went and he said the dog ran off after I hit it.
Needless to say, I did not feel good after that. We looked and looked for the dog, but never found it. And, we have no idea who the dog belonged to. Either way, I am trusting that this dog is like a cat and has 8 more lives, as I think I made him lose one today. I hope and pray he is not seriously injured and that the owner of the dog, assuming it has one, will forgive me for what I did. I still can't believe I did that - I am so cautious when I drive. But seriously, he came out of nowhere.
So...I am trusting that I start the week off right tomorrow and I won't have any more problems. Afterall, I'm going to Vegas soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment