Sunday, October 3, 2010

This past month

I’m finally getting used to being back home after housesitting this past month. I counted up that I was only home 4 nights during the month of September! Wow! I remember last September being just as busy, but I was in the middle of packing up my house after selling it. This month has been bittersweet as I have remembered my house. I have been curious about things, such as did she keep the paint in the house the same colors or did she repaint? What about my flowers that I spent hours planting…did she leave them or pull them up? Well, I was on that side of town a few weeks ago and drove by. It looked the same. I saw a picture of my nephew earlier today that was taken in my house and it brought back so many memories. Yes, I miss it, but I look back and see that I am definitely in a better place now than I was in a year ago. In fact, I’ll be driving a new car soon…something I definitely couldn’t have done a year ago.

The Lord is still working on me though. I’ve had to learn to rely on Him and Him alone for everything. But, as our pastor so quaintly said this morning, we are not to worry. Matthew 6:33-34 says “But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” It’s so hard NOT to worry, as I think it is every human’s way of expressing emotions and feelings, but if we cast all our cares on Him, he will care for us.

Just remember…when you think you’ve hit the bottom, He is there. When you’ve about given up because it’s been so long, He teaches you about patience and how His timing is always perfect. When you feel like a failure, He uses someone or something (like a song) to remind you that you’re a winner. When you feel all alone, He grabs your hand and holds it, telling you that He loves you.

Try not to worry this week. Have a wonderful week basking in His glory and thank Him for the time He has given you on this earth to seek Him and know Him better.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Thanks I needed this!!