Dreams - do they really come true? I'm not talking about the dreams you have in your sleep. I'm talking about the dreams...the wishes...of someday doing something. I have several dreams. We all do. But I've been wondering lately if dreams really do come true?
I was watching tv last night and a commercial came on for a show that Taylor Swift is going to be on. She wants to tell everyone that since her dreams came true, then yours can too. Well, it's not that I don't believe that her dreams haven't come true, but come on...she's only 20! And, her career started when she was 16! I believe that this show is trying to be a positive message to younger people, but then on the other hand, how does she know anything about dreams coming true?
I have a dream that I pray to God will come true one day...and I know it will. It just disturbs me that she is 20, claiming that all of her dreams have already come true. I went to bed last night being frustrated...and jealous. How come all of her dreams have come true but only a few of mine have?
I came to the conclusion that Ms. Swift apparently doesn't know what her dreams are, because otherwise she wouldn't say that ALL of them have come true. Surely she wants to be married someday. Doesn't she dream of wearing a white dress and walking down an aisle? And what about kids? Surely she wants them?
All this to say...the Lord knows my dreams and wishes. As it says in Matthew 6:7-8:
And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like the pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.
He knows what I NEED before I ask Him. Amazing. I'm so thankful for the dreams and wishes of mine that He has already fulfilled and I know my other dreams and wishes will come true someday...in His time.
And yes, dreams really do come true. Without a doubt.
No comments:
Post a Comment