I had a dream last Friday night...a very vivid dream. And, most people will tell you that my dreams eventually come true. But, this wasn't like any other dream I have had before, because this dream was about the second coming of Christ.
When I tell you that I haven't read the book of Revelation in a while, I really mean that I haven't read it in a while. In fact, I don't even know why I dreamt about the rapture. But, I did. And it was so real. I can tell you everything about my dream. In fact, I rushed to my parents house Saturday morning just so I could tell them about this dream. Obviously, not every part of my dream was in such detail as it is in the Bible, but when I went back and read about it in Revelation, the parts that I dreamt and what is in the Bible match - and it is so ironic.
For instance, I dreamt I was housesitting and they came on the news and said Jesus was coming soon. I remember sitting there, thinking that I didn't want to be by myself when it happened, so I got in the car to head to my parents. When I got to an intersection, I was waiting for the light to turn and everyone was freaking out and saying to each other "go home!" I looked up in the sky and saw a fiery cloud. It was so bright that I couldn't tell what it was or what it was doing, but there was a face in it. I turned around to go back to my housesitting house, because I honestly didn't know who or what it was. Well, in Revelation 19, it says:
I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. (NIV)
Wow. This matched my dream completely.
When I got back to the house, I just stood there, waiting to see what was going to happen. Why was it happening already in the Middle East but not where we were, here in Oklahoma? Why were they live on tv, telling everyone about it? I thought it was going to happen in an instant? Then, as I stood there (in my dream, mind you), the people that I love so much that I call my friends - their faces were flashing before me. And I realized - they are lost. They do not have Jesus. What is going to happen to them?
Revelation 20 - Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire. (NIV)
That night, I stood at the feet of Jesus, weeping and rejoicing, because my name had been written in the Book of Life. I remember looking back (again, in my dream) and seeing all my loved ones suffering, for they did not know Christ.
I honestly woke up the next morning, thinking of these friends. Had I not been a good example to them all these years? How could I be a good friend, but not tell them about Jesus and what He has done for me? Most of you know that I'm a fairly quiet person, and since I've worked in politics, I have learned that you keep your opinions to yourself. But I think this has been my mistake, because I surely do not want my friends to suffer on this earth. My heart breaks for my friends, and others. I want them to be able to hold on to these verses:
Revelation 21 - Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death." (NIV)
Friends, I truly believe that Jesus is coming again, quite possibly in my lifetime. I want you to be ready. Are you ready? Are you ready to lay down your life for Him? Are you ready to turn everything over to Him and let Him have control of your life? We need to live each day as if He were coming tomorrow. Is your name in the Book of Life? I want it to be. Please let me know if you are unsure.
Until He does return, we can all hold on to this promise from Revelation 22:
"Behold, I am coming soon! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy in this book." I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. But he said to me, "Do not do it! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers the prophets and of all who keep the words of this book. Worship God!" Then he told me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, because the time is near. Let him who does wrong continue to do wrong; let him who is vile continue to be vile; let him who does right continue to do right; and let him who is holy continue to be holy." "Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. "Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood. "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star." The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life. I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book. He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon." The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen. (NIV)
He IS coming again. Please be ready for that wonderful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment