I have been without a computer for about a week now (I've been housesitting), and I have so much to say! So many things have happened in the past week.
First of all, I had mentioned Carolyn in my last post and she did, indeed, meet the Lord last Friday. I attended her sweet memorial service today and it was really good - a sweet celebration of her life and the legacy she lived. The church was packed and it was really good to see old friends (even though I did not speak with them). And, of course, the funeral was at my old church and it was so weird walking in there. It has been over a year since I've been there - maybe almost 2 years. Nothing much has changed about it - it's just that this was the church I grew up in and loved so much and now it is just a building to me. Really sad.
Second, I had the wonderful opportunity last week of going to an intimate gathering with my favorite singer of all time - Sandi Patty. It was absolutely AMAZING. I cannot tell you the difference she made in my life that night. Sandi just recently wrote a book called "The Edge of Divine" and she was there to discuss her book - it wasn't a concert (although, I will be going to one of her concerts next month with Larnelle Harris, Wayne Watson, Heather Payne (former Point of Grace member) and numerous others), but she did end up singing an old familiar hymn.
I have not read the book, but I know I will. She shared with us how she had experienced so many disasters in her life, but that the Lord guided her through those circumstances to bring her to the edge of divine (hence the title of her book). She talked about the heartbreaks she has had; the heartbreaks she caused in the christian music world; her fall from grace from everything and everyone around her; the counseling she sought; the love she found; and the forgiveness she has been given from our Lord Jesus Christ. I left that night with tears running down my face. Her transparency was amazing and it made me love her even more. She is an example that we are not perfect - not one person - but He is perfect. He is the loving and forgiving God that many people hear about, but never experience. She has experienced it...and was in the spotlight when she did experience it. I encourage you to read her book. Even though I have not read it, I know it is good. I know that everyone, including myself, needs to experience and know the "Edge of Divine".
One of these days, my dream will come true. I will sing with Sandi Patty. During the question and answer time that night, I almost asked her to sing with me right then and there, but I didn't. I don't have the guts to do it. But, I know it will happen. It may not even be directly with her, but it will happen. Looking forward to that day. Until then, I will read her book, continue listening to this marvelous voice I have heard almost my entire life, and remember the kind words she shared last week. The Lord definitely used her to speak to me that night. If you don't know who in the world I'm talking about - check out her website: www.sandipatty.com. You can learn more about her, her music, and the book I have given "free" advertisement about! ;)
A few other things have happened this week, but I'll save that for another post. I'm housesitting again starting tomorrow, so I'll be without a computer for another week. But hopefully after dinner, I'll have a few more words to share with you. Until then...
No comments:
Post a Comment