Sunday, April 25, 2010

Picture worth a thousand words

In the midst of grief and heartache this week, I was able to look past it when visiting my nephews this afternoon. We spent most of the afternoon outside, and our time involved sidewalk chalk. My 5 year old nephew, Tyler, at one point went out by himself and I could see him drawing on the sidewalk, but I didn't know what he was drawing. Later on, the boys wanted to go outside again, so I followed them out. I got to the edge of the sidewalk, looked down and saw this...


My heart literally melted. After he drew this, he did not come in to get me so I could see it. He did not boast about making it. In fact, I figured out I asked him to come inside in the middle of drawing it (hence the reason my name is upside down), but he never once stopped to say "just a second, Beck". He came in when I asked him to, then went back out to finish it.

Isn't it amazing how loved a child can make you feel, even when you feel your worst? I definitely felt loved today, even if it was said through sidewalk chalk...

(Here it is from the other angle...)

No comments: