I remember that fateful day - 15 years ago. I was a Senior in High School, looking forward to graduation coming up the next month. My 3rd hour was spent as an aide to the school office, and that is where I was when we heard it. Suzanne, the school secretary, and I just looked at each other, then I asked her what the noise was. She responded "they have been working on the roof; they probably just dropped something heavy". I didn't think anymore about it for the next 5 minutes...then the calls started pouring in of people telling us what had happened.
I quickly rushed to the library and brought a tv into the office. I will never forget looking at the building for the first time. Smoke was everywhere and there was a huge chunk of the building gone. I don't have to go into anymore details about that day, because everyone probably already knows the details. But yet, its amazing how many people have forgotten that day.
I was watching the news earlier and they kept showing footage of Timothy McVeigh. Honestly, I don't remember him looking as calm as he was. I don't remember him looking as young as he was. I don't remember anything about him and I certainly don't remember the day he was put to death. But I remember what he did.
I remember April 19th, but not just 1995. Today is my spiritual birthday. Twelve years ago today I asked Christ to come into my life and forgive me of ALL my sins. Sins that are forgotten as far as the east is from the west.
Psalm 103:11-12 (NIV)
For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.
How ironic that April 19th carries important milestones for me, as it does even so today. This post happens to be my 100th post on this blog. How ironic! But, His plans are always perfect, even on a sad, but joyful day, such as April 19th. What do you remember on April 19th?
No comments:
Post a Comment