Sometimes life is just hard. I mean, hard. We have ups and downs; sometimes more one way than another. Good things happen; bad things happen. But its all part of God's plan in our life. He uses these instances to make us grow. To help us grow. To make us turn to Him when life has its ups and downs...the good, the bad, the ugly.
This past week has been uneventful. I haven't had any ups or downs and I haven't had anything bad happen. But, I feel blah. Blah enough to tell you I feel blah. So I guess that's pretty bad. But, God is so good and He lifts us up when we are weary. He is lifting me up as I type this.
This past Sunday, our pastor encouraged everyone to start memorizing scripture. I must admit...this is really hard for me to do. Not because I don't want to; its just something I did as a child. Afterall, scripture memorization was required at both church and school. But, I know this is something I need to start doing again. Anyway, the pastor encouraged everyone to pick a section in Psalm 119 and memorize it (the book is long, but the sections are not). Who knew that I would run across two sections that I so badly needed in my "blah" state this week. So, I am closing tonight with Psalm 119:25-39...my prayer for this week.
My life is down in the dust; give me life through Your word.
I told You about my life, and You listened to me; teach me Your statutes.
Help me understand the meaning of Your precepts so that I can meditate on Your wonders.
I am weary from grief; strengthen me through Your word.
Keep me from the way of deceit, and graciously give me Your instruction.
I have chosen the way of truth;
I have set Your ordinances before me.
I cling to Your decrees; LORD, do not put me to shame.
I pursue the way of Your commands, for You broaden my understanding.
Teach me, LORD, the meaning of Your statutes, and I will always keep them.
Help me understand Your instruction, and I will obey it and follow it with all my heart.
Help me stay on the path of Your commands, for I take pleasure in it.
Turn my heart to Your decrees and not to material gain.
Turn my eyes from looking at what is worthless; give me life in Your ways.
Confirm what You said to Your servant, for it produces reverence for You.
Turn away the disgrace I dread; indeed, Your judgments are good.
This past week has been uneventful. I haven't had any ups or downs and I haven't had anything bad happen. But, I feel blah. Blah enough to tell you I feel blah. So I guess that's pretty bad. But, God is so good and He lifts us up when we are weary. He is lifting me up as I type this.
This past Sunday, our pastor encouraged everyone to start memorizing scripture. I must admit...this is really hard for me to do. Not because I don't want to; its just something I did as a child. Afterall, scripture memorization was required at both church and school. But, I know this is something I need to start doing again. Anyway, the pastor encouraged everyone to pick a section in Psalm 119 and memorize it (the book is long, but the sections are not). Who knew that I would run across two sections that I so badly needed in my "blah" state this week. So, I am closing tonight with Psalm 119:25-39...my prayer for this week.
My life is down in the dust; give me life through Your word.
I told You about my life, and You listened to me; teach me Your statutes.
Help me understand the meaning of Your precepts so that I can meditate on Your wonders.
I am weary from grief; strengthen me through Your word.
Keep me from the way of deceit, and graciously give me Your instruction.
I have chosen the way of truth;
I have set Your ordinances before me.
I cling to Your decrees; LORD, do not put me to shame.
I pursue the way of Your commands, for You broaden my understanding.
Teach me, LORD, the meaning of Your statutes, and I will always keep them.
Help me understand Your instruction, and I will obey it and follow it with all my heart.
Help me stay on the path of Your commands, for I take pleasure in it.
Turn my heart to Your decrees and not to material gain.
Turn my eyes from looking at what is worthless; give me life in Your ways.
Confirm what You said to Your servant, for it produces reverence for You.
Turn away the disgrace I dread; indeed, Your judgments are good.
No comments:
Post a Comment