Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Taking a Break

For the last month, I have taken a break from my computer. Not completely and totally, but I haven't been spending a lot of leisurely time on it. And to tell you the truth, I haven't missed it. Does that sound bad?

I especially needed the break from a certain website with the initials of FB. Don't get me wrong...I think it's a great way to reconnect with others, but I can't let it consume me. I don't want it to consume me. I heard on the radio this morning that sixty some odd percent of people check the status of others on FB when they can't sleep at night. Seriously? That is a lot of people! (and at one point last year I was one of them!) And speaking of statuses, some people can just flat out be rude on some of the things they say! And I consider these people my friends? I have definitely learned a lot about the people in my life and the difference between a friend and an acquaintance.

I am not slamming FB at all, or the people on it. But for now, I'm going to continue my break. I occassionally still check FB, but it's not the "check it 20 times a day to see what's going on" type of visit. And, if you notice the lack of posts here, sorry about that. They will continue on a consistent basis once I can learn to not let my computer (and FB) consume me.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy quality time with family and friends. Hope you can too.

1 comment:

Squirly Girls said...

More people need to do this. I can't stand being with someone and have them be on the computer or on their phone texting. Whatever happened to just being in the moment with someone? If you try to be in the moment and online with others, you'll find yourself failing at both. Thanks for taking a stand.