I am finally done housesitting and now at my parents house...the place I will call home for a while. I have been doing okay as far as my emotions, that is, until this morning. I got up for church, took my shower and started to get ready. When I walked into my closet to get my clothes, I noticed the smell...the smell of my house...and my heart sank. I'm starting to miss my house, and it's only the beginning.
As I sat in my closet, trying to gather my emotions, the Lord gave me comfort. So, I wiped away the tears, re-applied the eye makeup (don't you hate when that happens), and proceeded to get ready. I ended up going to church with my parents this morning, and instead of going with my Mom to a women's only class (which I usually do), I went with my Dad to a big group class.
Do you know what the teacher taught this morning? Psalm 23. And do you know what the basis of his lesson was? The Lord giving you comfort in the hard times. It was such a joy to sit there and listen to him talk, knowing exactly the comfort I felt this morning. You see, I could have made that the basis of my day - be sad about not being a homeowner anymore and letting it drag me down all day (and because of the rain and cold today, that would have been easy to do). But, I allowed the Lord to give me that peace and comfort, and I was able to have a joyful day on this day the Lord has made.
With that, I pray that you will find comfort as you begin your week this week. And remember that each day we are given, to rejoice and be glad in it...for it is the day the Lord has made!
No comments:
Post a Comment