
Have you ever noticed in Oklahoma that we only have 2 seasons? Summer and Winter. We always seem to miss Fall and Spring. Well, it's not really Spring - its tornado season. But, my favorite time of year is Summer. And, I'm always glad when we have 90+ degree temperatures. That's just how I am.
But, as I was driving home after work yesterday, I started to look around. I guess since I live in the country now, the trees are more apparent to me...and they were beautiful! As I saw more and more leaves that have turned to their wonderful colors, I began to fall in love with this season. Fall. We are actually experiencing a Fall this year.
And, its just a reminder that the holidays are just around the corner. Warm apple cider, sitting by the fireplace, watching late football games on tv, warming up with thick sweaters and sweatshirts, putting on those cozy, fluffy socks and just enjoying time with family and friends.
I know its not Thanksgiving yet, but I am certainly thankful to the Lord for allowing us to have a Fall this year. I'm looking forward to everything it has to offer. What about you?
No comments:
Post a Comment