The day went better than I thought it would. In fact, I didn’t even cry. Well...that was until I remembered what I told my oldest nephew on Saturday when he was asking me why all of my stuff was gone. I said "Tyler, Beck is moving away. This is no longer my house. Say good-bye to my house, because you will never be here again." And with those words, he walked to each of my rooms, said good-bye, and we were out the door. I guess you could say I let Tyler say good-bye for me, because honestly, it still hasn’t sunk in.
I am housesitting right now, and have been for the last 2 weeks. So, I know that it probably really won’t hit me until I get up to leave on Saturday and realize I do not have a home to go home to. But you know what...I do have a home. It’s a wonderful place where many memories are, and will continue to be. It provides warmth in the winter and coolness in the summer. It is surrounded by love and the Lord has His providential hand over that house. It may not be MY house, but it’s a home filled with love and laughter. It’s my parents home – but it’s a place where I will call home for now.
There will be days that I miss my house...my independence...being by myself...walking to the kitchen to get a drink of water in just a t-shirt and panties...having friends over and talking into the wee hours of the morning. But, I also know I am going somewhere that I have company...someone to give me that hug I need...someone to scratch my back when I get that certain itch in the spot I can’t reach...someone to wave to when I leave for work every morning...getting a home cooked meal every night...and being told everyday that I am loved.
There is still a reason for all of this, and I am well on my way to paying off that debt. And who knows...maybe the Lord will use this time in my life to teach me some things that I should have been learning all this time. And...maybe that special someone is just around the corner? You never know what blessings the Lord has in store...and I’m excited just thinking about it!
In the meantime, all of my earthly possessions have been put in a 8x16x8 POD. Take a look at my 1500 square foot house now...
No comments:
Post a Comment