So, its been another month and I haven’t posted anything. I’ve been struggling with a sinus and ear infection this past week, which has not been fun. Work has been crazy, busy and I am in need of another vacation. Sad, isn’t it…I didn’t work the whole month of September, but now I need a vacation? Wow…I must be getting old.
Yesterday, I was working on a presentation at my desk and the e-mail made the familiar buzz, letting me know I had new e-mail. When I switched over to look at it, it was from my first grade teacher! Miss Tooman was a very special teacher, and I was so sad when she moved away after my 3rd grade year. We corresponded by letter until she got married, started a family, and started living her grown up life. I, of course, started doing the same. I always think about her, but I never thought about googling her (which is actually how she found me). Needless to say, we had some wonderful e-mail exchanges the remainder of the day.
Then, after catching up with her, she asked me about my 3rd grade teacher, Mrs. Robinson. She and her husband, Les, also moved away after my 3rd grade year to Jacksonville, FL. Of course, Florida is where the family likes to vacation at, so we tried to stay in touch and visited them when we could. However, time has flown by and we all lost contact. But, thanks to the google search engine, I was able to find her e-mail address and sent her a quick e-mail (afterall, I didn’t even know if it was the same person) and sure enough, she e-mailed me back! It was also good to hear from her.
I have never been one to tote that I am a “teachers pet”, but these two teachers were the extra special ones in my life, as well as my 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Danley. They are all so sweet-spirited and live their lives with Jesus shining through them. I have always hoped the day I get married (and I will get married someday!), that they would all be servers at my wedding reception, as they are the ones who made a difference in my life and molded me into the person that I am today.
Thank you Miss Tooman, Mrs. Danley and Mrs. Robinson! I love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment