Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Patience

Something happened to me Sunday morning that I would prefer not to go into, but its just really had me thinking the last few days about everything. While I understand the kind words that this person shared with me, they were also hurtful words. I cannot tell you how much hurt I have endured this past year. I am tired of the hurt and I want to experience the joy that is deep down inside me…the joy that is given to me by my Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus. But for some reason, I am having trouble getting there.

The sermon on Sunday was really good – the pastor spoke about patience. Oh, how I would love to have all the patience in the world, but I don’t! Although, I do think I’ve been pretty good about being patient for that “right one” to come along. Afterall, in Romans 8:25 we are told “if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with patience”.

I feel that I have experienced patience this year in many ways – at work, church, my personal life, etc. And, as it says in Romans 15 “Such things were written in the Scriptures long ago to teach us. And the Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God’s promises to be fulfilled. May God, who gives this patience and encouragement, help you live in complete harmony with each other, as is fitting for followers of Christ Jesus. Then all of you can join together with one voice, giving praise and glory to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

All of this to say – the Lord knew what was going to happen to me on Sunday long before I knew it. The Lord knew that I would go through a season of heartbreak and hurt. The Lord knew that I would eventually have to leave my place of worship, which I have grown accustomed to, to find a church that I will be loved and accepted. The Lord knew that even though I have experienced so many changes this past year, I can still depend on Him to encourage me, love me and watch over me. I can’t wait for the day I am able to share with you about the new changes in my life, hopefully good changes, and we can all worship with Him in one accord, giving thanks and glory to Him for all He has done.

No comments: