Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tasty Tuesday


I’m changing it up today and I’m going to share one of my favorite cold weather recipes.  And, if you’re like me, you like super easy recipes too!  The only effort you’ll make here is getting a rotisserie chicken from the store (they are super inexpensive too!) and cutting it up.  I hope you enjoy this recipe from my Food Network Magazine…

Chicken Corn Chili
(I call it White Chicken Chili)

1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large jalapeno pepper – ½ chopped and ½ sliced; remove seeds for less heat (optional)
1-4 oz can chopped green chiles, drained
1 tsp ground cumin
2 cups low sodium chicken broth
2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
2-15 oz cans large white beans or pinto beans (1 undrained; 1 drained and rinsed)
1 cup frozen corn, thawed (I just use a can of white or yellow corn, drained)
1 cup shredded monterey jack or cheddar cheese
Sour cream and cornbread, for serving (optional)

Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.  Add the onion and cook, stirring, until slightly soft (about 3 minutes).  Add the garlic, chopped jalapeno (if desired), green chiles and cumin, and cook, stirring, until cumin is toasted (about 2 minutes).  Stir in the chicken broth, chicken and beans along with the liquid from one of the cans of beans.  Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened (about 10-15 minutes).  Using a potato masher, mash the chili until about half of the beans are broken up.  Stir in the corn and ½ cup of the cheese.  Divide the chili among bowls and top with the remaining cheese, a spoonful of sour cream and jalapenos (if desired).  Serve with cornbread.

YUMMY!!!!!  Enjoy!
 
Note:  Tasty Tuesdays are written solely by me, reflecting my personal opinion.  It is not an official advertisement, nor was I paid to write such post.

No comments: