The last few years, May 5th has proven to be a bad day for me. And today started out no different.
After not sleeping a wink last night, I got up and went to work a very tired girl. But soon after I got to work, I received some really bad news. I immediately thought that the May 5th doom day continues. Everything about my morning went wrong after that...
I had a doctor's appointment this morning and was looking forward to getting away from the office, even if it was for only an hour. As I drove to the doctor, I began to reminisce about all the May 5th's in my life. How can this day alone prove to be such a bad day over and over and over again?
As I walked into the Dr's office, a man quickly drove up under the office overhang and started helping his wife out of the car, who was in labor. They were going to have a child today. To them, it was a good day.
When I got upstairs to check in, they quickly took me back to my room, where my nurse proceeded to tell me she had just found out this morning that she was expecting. She was so excited, and I was excited for her. In fact, she was so excited that she couldn't find my pulse! And again, today was a good day to her and her husband.
As I sat there, waiting for the doctor to come in my room, I put things into perspective. Having just witnessed two joyful occasions in less than 5 minutes, I knew that I could make today different.
I asked the Lord to make this day a good day.
And you know what? He did. I had a great remainder of the day.
So even though I still remember those bad May 5th's in my life, maybe I'll start having good May 5th's, like today, and one of these days, the good days will outweigh the bad ones. In fact, I know they will...
No comments:
Post a Comment