I hadn't heard much news about the prediciton on May 21st. You know, the news where some guy (Harold Camping) has predicted that Jesus is coming back that day. In fact, I hadn't even seen it on TV or heard about it on the radio. I had a friend tell me about it.
Of course, when my friend and I were talking about it, we were both laughing, because we both know that the Bible tells us that:
"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." - Matthew 24:36 NIV
So how can someone make such a strong prediction? I remember years ago a similar prediction took place, and Jesus didn't come that day. So what is so different about May 21st?
We must always remember to "keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come" and "be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect Him" - Matthew 24:42,44 NIV
No comments:
Post a Comment