Did you watch the much anticipated royal wedding today between Prince William and Kate Middleton? I sure did! I must admit, I didn't get up super early this morning to watch it, but I did record it and watched every single minute of it this evening. I thought the wedding was great. Well thought out and planned. Both the bride and groom were gorgeous and most importantly, they looked happy.
I was reading tonight on the internet that an estimated 2 billion people watched it. Wow! That is a lot of people! And just think of people like me who recorded it and watched it at a later time. I don't think that number includes people like me. I may be wrong, but still...that is a lot of people.
What is so neat about this is how the name of God was proclaimed throughout that wedding. Hymns were sang, scripture was read, prayers were said, and the presence of God was in that place. That means an estimated 2 billion people were exposed to the Word of God today! Wow! And there are some countries that even prohibit the Word of God being spoken that were airing the royal wedding today.
So, you can complain all you want about the hype of the royal wedding and how unimportant it was to you.
But in my eyes, it was the most important thing that has happened in this world in a very long time.
No comments:
Post a Comment