Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

Today is Good Friday. Do you know what Good Friday is?

Many people consider this day a holiday. Some businesses are closed today. Some people consider this a sacred holiday, so they ask for a day off from their work. Others have no idea what today is.

As I was thinking about today, I wasn't sure why it was called Good Friday. What was good about this day many years ago?

I consider it the saddest day ever in history.

This was the day, many years ago, that Jesus was crucified. He was beaten. He was scorned. He was spit on. He had a crown of thorns placed on His head. He was hung on a cross. He died on that cross with nails drilled through his hands and feet.

He went through all of this for you and me.

How can you not be sad about this?

But three days later, He was risen from the dead.

He is the King of Kings, and the Lord of Lords. He is the Prince of Peace and the Healer of All. He is Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and He is ALIVE!

And that, my friends, is a GOOD thing.

You know, sometimes we have to go through bad things to find the good. And that is exactly what He did.

So yes, today is a Good Friday. It's the day I remember the One who thought of me all those years ago.

I hope you remember Him too.

I Corinthians 4:10-11 (NIV) - We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus sake, so that His life may also be revealed in our mortal body.

No comments: