Monday, March 28, 2011

Nothing Going On

Not much going on these days in my life, but I'm happy with that. I'm still trying to get over the pneumonia and sinus infection I've had for almost 2 weeks now. It's lingering, but hopefully on the verge of being completely gone. I'm really looking forward to that day.


I've also taken a break from Facebook. This is a good thing. I just deactivated my account, so I can come back any day, but right now, I'm enjoying not being on there. I realized I was becoming too dependent on what other people were saying. It was interesting knowing what everyone was doing at all times of the day, but the more I thought about it, I really didn't think I needed to know that. I never really made updates to my status (only occasionally), but there are some people that feel they need to update me more than 10 times a day. And I was intrigued. But too intrigued. I've also had my feelings hurt by what other people have said. It may not have even been made directly to me, but regardless, it was hurtful.


I'm tired of the hurt in my life. Do you ever wish you could go back to high school, but without the drama? Those were the days that I lived a carefree life. No responsibilities. No job. I wish I could ignore people and the bad things they say about others (and me), but I can't. I still remember hurtful things that people said to me 10 to 15 years ago. The memories of the hurt never go away.


But my God is a healer. He mends the broken hearted. He heals the crushed in spirit. He is in control.


Matthew 5:3-12


Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Blessed are the merciful, for the will be shown mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way the persecuted the prophets who were before you. (NIV)

No comments: