I feel like I’m really behind on my blog. I guess I am in a way. I’ve been wanting to say so much, but literally have not had the time to do it. Between going to California for work, then going to Disney World in Florida with the family, the month of May has flown by. In fact, I cannot believe it is Memorial Day weekend…soon to be June.
So, what have I wanted to say? Many things. Like what a wonderful time we had at Disney World. Words cannot express the fun, joy and laughter we experienced as a family at this wonderful place. My nephews absolutely enjoyed it and poor Tyler – he just cried when we had to leave. Thankfully, I had to come home earlier for work and missed his crying episode. But, according to my Mom, it is not something you would want to experience again. However, she said that because of his wishes not to leave and the crying episode that ensued later, everyone knew he had a great time and didn’t want to leave. That makes my heart melt. We actually had professional pictures done while we were there and they turned out perfect! And they were super cheap too! I just love these pictures and will cherish them always…
So, what have I wanted to say? Many things. Like what a wonderful time we had at Disney World. Words cannot express the fun, joy and laughter we experienced as a family at this wonderful place. My nephews absolutely enjoyed it and poor Tyler – he just cried when we had to leave. Thankfully, I had to come home earlier for work and missed his crying episode. But, according to my Mom, it is not something you would want to experience again. However, she said that because of his wishes not to leave and the crying episode that ensued later, everyone knew he had a great time and didn’t want to leave. That makes my heart melt. We actually had professional pictures done while we were there and they turned out perfect! And they were super cheap too! I just love these pictures and will cherish them always…


Now that we are back home and settled into our normal routine, my body decided it was time to get sick. Honestly, its been a while since I’ve been sick, so it doesn’t bother me that it came on now. And, I’m thankful I didn’t get sick before all the trips I had this past month…that would have been miserable. But the Lord is always in control and His timing is perfect! (even if I don’t feel 100%)
Another thing I’ve wanted to write about is the Beth Moore simulcast I attended about a month ago. She wrote a book that was released earlier this year entitled “So Long Insecurity”. She wrote this book with the realization that many, many people in our world struggle with insecurity and I happen to be one of them. So, to reach many more people and help them with their insecurity, she hosted a simulcast at the end of April. I went in as an insecure person, thinking that I would come out as a secure, young woman. But I didn’t.
Honestly, I learned a lot more that day than I thought I would ever learn. But I sure didn’t feel the security that I thought I was going to experience. My Mom and I got in the car that day and proceeded to talk about what we had learned, and I told her how disappointed I was. Then she informed me that I had missed the whole point of the simulcast. In order to be more secure with myself, I needed to be more secure in the Lord, because in the end, HE is the one that will provide that security.
So, will you pray with me about this? I don’t think I am insecure in the Lord, because I feel like I do what He wants me to do on a daily basis and I follow His word. But, I cannot toot my own horn for being perfect or know everything there is about God and the Bible. I do want to be a secure person. I want to feel so confident with myself that I can allow God to work through me with those issues. And, I know that I am not the only one that is insecure in this world. Just think of all the elementary, middle and high school students that deal with this on a daily basis with their peers at school. The girls that deal with this in college or in their jobs. The moms that deal with this when staying home with their kids. The women in the grocery stores, malls, cars, etc. They are everywhere. I doubt there is one person in this world that has not dealt with insecurity.
To end, I pray that you will find your security in Him this week and always, as I know I will eventually.
No comments:
Post a Comment