As you’ve probably read in previous posts, I am having trouble sleeping. This is not new, as I’ve gone through a lifetime of sleepless nights, especially the last few years. As with everything else, they come and go, probably because after a few nights of not sleeping, I finally crash and my body has to sleep to survive. Last night was no different, except that last night, I spent my sleepless evening outside.
During the summer months, I just love to sit outside, watch the sun go down, and sit there in amazement of what the Lord created. And, after about an hour of spending my time outside, I go in, turn the TV on, and eventually go to bed (I usually go out about 8:30 and come in around 9:30). But last night around 10:30, my body was so tired from being sick, and I am tired of not sleeping. I needed some peace and quiet, so I went outside, got the lounge chair out and plopped down. As soon as I looked up, do you know what I saw? A sky full of the most beautiful stars. There were thousands of them and they were as bright as day.
As I sat there, staring at the sky, I wondered how people can question the existence of God when the results of Him are all around us. Psalm 147:4 says that “He determines the number of stars and calls them each by name”. Wow...just think...all those stars I saw last night, he knows their name! And, haven’t you ever been amazed how you can go clear across the world, look up at the sky and see the same bright, shining stars?
Psalm 147 goes on to say “Great is our Lord and mighty in power; His understanding has no limit”. There is no limit to what God can do. Look around you and see His creation. Not just things, but people. He does exist! I went inside last night with such a peace. In fact, I went right to bed and fell asleep. Don’t let His creation go unnoticed, especially in the evenings. The next time you have a sleepless night, step outside, look up and enjoy the view!
1 comment:
Thanks Becky for the encouraging word. It's so easy to get so busy that you forget about the simple things. I was driving home from Heather's house last night and the moon was an extremely tiny sliver and I thought to myself how amazingly beautiful it was. It did for sure make me realize what God has created and He did it for our enjoyment! What a great God we serve!!
Post a Comment