Boy, have I been sick. In fact, I can’t think of the last time I was sick in the summer...and it’s not fun! But what makes this sickness even worse – I had a very bad reaction to the medicine the Dr. prescribed me. I have never, ever, ever swelled up like I did last Thursday night. In fact, it’s a wonder that I didn’t die. But here I am and still sick as ever. Because of the allergic reaction I had (not just Thursday night, but Friday and Saturday as well because of different medication), the Dr. has taken me off all my medication except an antibiotic, and it’s just not healing me as fast as I would like it to. Prayers would definitely be appreciated right now until I can get over this.
And of course, I had big plans this past weekend and went ahead and kept them, even though I wasn’t feeling up to par. A friend and I went to Dallas and saw ZZ Top and Aerosmith in concert. It was the best concert ever! Reminds me of my youthful days. (Am I getting old? Certainly not! But Steven Tyler sure is!) But, we had a wonderful time and I would love to see them in concert again. They are coming to Tulsa in a few weeks, but it was cheaper for us to see them in Dallas – hotel room and all! It’s always nice to get away from your hometown, even if it is just for the evening.
The best part was that we both made a new friend while we were there. Ben was a charming, fascinating gentleman from Calgary, AB Canada. He was so friendly and accommodating, and we plan to stay in touch with him for a very long time. To tell you the truth, his friendliness and compassion for people/things made it very inviting to be his friend. We all left the concert knowing that we would stay in touch for a long time.
Oh...and I must let you all know that after my last post, my friend called the very next morning to apologize. We got everything out in the open and worked things out. This person knew exactly when and why I was offended and we promised to not let it happen again.
I know I don’t write on this thing very often, but I will try. I say that a lot, but I promise – I will try! Until next time...
2 comments:
Sorry you are sick. I will be praying for you.
I feel your pain as I had that same sickness over 4th of July! So I know how lousy you feel. I'll be praying for healing for you and I am sooo glad you mended your relationship with your friends-good Christian friends are VERY hard to find! Oh yeah-by the way- I am very jealous of the Aerosmith concert. I guess I'll have to just do with popping in the cd.
Post a Comment