Today I was deeply offended by a very good friend of mine. Usually I can take things with a grain of salt, but not today. I think its bothering me because this person is a truly, great friend...and I don't know what to do. Maybe this person was having a bad day and took it out on me? But I'm curious - where do I go from here?
Ephesians 4:29 says "When you talk, do not say harmful things but say what people need - words that will help others become stronger".
This person did not correct me for something I did wrong. In fact, the comment had nothing to do with me. It just seemed like it went against everything I've ever believed in. And that is probably what is bothering me too - how can I have a friend like this that is not uplifting and helping me become stronger?
On another note, I talked to another sweet and dear friend today who is celebrating her birthday. It was a wonderful time catching up with her and now I know how to specifically pray for her.
I truly am thankful for the numerous friends I do have. Life would be nothing without them. In fact, Charles Swindoll put it best when he said "I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun." And they do...don't they...
2 comments:
I was thrilled to hear from you. I can't wait to see what has been happening in your life. You have an adorable blog!
Great post! I am so glad you found my blog as well. I am adding you to my watch list so I can keep in touch. Anyway, about your friend- the Bible tells us to confront them first and to forgive at all times. Pray first so you can have God's strength. It is definitely easier said than done! Anyway, thank you so much for commenting so I could visit your blog! Hope to run into you soon!
Post a Comment