Friday, July 10, 2009

Sleepless Nights

With the exception of last night, I have had a sleepless week this week. Unfortunately I am used to this, but I thought I was finally cured from my insomnia last year. I guess not. It is so disturbing to lay in bed, trying to go to sleep, especially when I am so tired, and not be able to do anything. I watch tv; I read. I get up and clean house, hoping that my body will soon tire out and I'll fall asleep. Yeah right. None of that has happened this week. I don't have a lot of thoughts on my mind, but I must admit there are some things I am going through and maybe that is why I am staying awake and not able to go to sleep. There are so many decisions to make and I want to make the right decisions.

You know...music is a big part of my life and a big part of who I am...and all week a particular song has been on my heart and mind. Dennis Jernigan is someone I have known of almost my entire life. He started his career teaching at the private school I attended, but was called to write music...and what beautiful songs he has written! In fact, most churches sing the worship songs he has wrote - you probably just don't know it. Anyway, years ago he wrote this song and I immediately fell in love with it. In fact, I was determined to sing it in church one day, so I taught myself how to play the song on the piano (I can't read music). I never got the chance to sing this song, but I've never forgotten it.

Anyway, this song has especially touched me tonight. I don't know why. Maybe its because I do need to just sit with Him awhile...and let Him hold me. Maybe you should let Him hold you too...


If I Could Just Sit With You Awhile - Dennis Jernigan

For more information about Dennis Jernigan and his music, please visit his website at www.dennisjernigan.com.

No comments: