As Memorial Day Weekend was approaching, I started asking people what we should do to salvage the pergola and not let it be a complete waste. Well, after speaking with numerous people, including a really nice Home Depot employee, my fears were confirmed. We were going to have to take it down and rebuild it stronger.
We got started on Friday night and it didn’t take long for it to come down. In fact, I was worried about the weight of the top, but it didn’t seem so bad once we got it down. We spent all day Saturday making the adjustments to the pergola, always seeming to take one step forward and two steps back. When we were finally ready to put the top back on, we were already tired, but we thought we could do it.
We all took our places, but low and behold, we didn’t have enough strength to put the top back on and it fell to the ground. As I was standing on the ladder, having used all the energy within me to put the pergola back together, I started crying. I just cried and cried and cried. And it wasn’t that I was crying because we couldn’t get it up. I cried because I was mad at God. Mad that my Dad can’t help with things like this anymore. Mad that I don’t have a husband who could help.
For the next 20 minutes, I just leaned against the side of the house and wept. I was so angry. I was so hurt. In the meantime, my Mom called my Uncle and he and the kids were able to come over and help us put it back together. We ended up having to run to the hardware store, and on the way there, my Uncle could tell that something was bothering me. I proceeded to tell him that I had just cried my eyes out and the reason for doing so. He then told me that he understood and that it was okay to cry.
He was right. Sometimes it’s just okay to cry. And while we may have a reason for doing so, sometimes there isn’t a reason.
Just let me cry
Hilary Weeks
I believe that everything happens for a reason
We’re not just tossed by the wind, or left in the hands of fate
But sometimes life sends a storm that’s unexpected
And we’re forced to face our deepest pain.
When I feel the heartache begin to pull me under
I dig my heels in deep, and I fight to keep my ground
Still, at times the hurt inside grows stronger
And there’s nothing I can do but let it out
Just let me cry
I know it’s hard to see
But the pain I feel isn’t going away today
Just let me cry
Til every tear has fallen
Don’t ask when and don’t ask why
Just let me cry.
When I agreed that God could put this heart inside me
I understood that there would be a chance that it would break
But I know He knows exactly how I’m feeling
And I know in time He’ll take the pain away.
But for now…
Just let me cry
I know it’s hard to see
But the pain I feel isn’t going away today
Just let me cry
Til every tear has fallen
Don’t ask when and don’t ask why
Just let me cry.
I have felt joy, the kind that makes my heart want to sing.
And so my tears are not a surrender, I’ll feel that way again.
But for now…
For this moment…
Just let me cry
I know it’s hard to see
But the pain I feel isn’t going away today
Just let me cry
Til every tear has fallen
Don’t ask when and don’t ask why
Just let me cry.
I believe that everything happens for a reason…
No comments:
Post a Comment