Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mile High City

This past week, I had the wonderful opportunity of traveling to Denver, Colorado for a conference.  This same conference took me to Sacramento almost 2 years ago, and I love that it is giving me opportunities to go places that I never would have thought of.  I had never been to Sacramento, and this was my first time to Denver.  Both cities were amazing.

However, when I arrived late Wednesday night, my first impression of the city was not good.  I was scared to death of my taxi cab driver (who, in the end, was really a nice guy), the city was dirty (trash everywhere) and I couldn’t rest in my hotel room because I could hear

Every…..Single…..Noise

This is coming from a girl who sleeps with a small fan on year round and has colored in the light on my smoke detector.  I could hear everything.  The conversation my neighbors to the north and south of me were having.  The showers and baths my neighbors above me took.  In fact, when I got up Thursday morning to take my shower, I could have sworn someone was in my room.  The noises were that loud.  I hurriedly finished my shower to make sure no one was in there (and they weren’t because the deadbolt was still on – just a little unnerving).

Once I got over my incessant fear and already hating this city I was going to spend the next 3 days in, I had an amazing time.  I felt bad that I had sized up my taxi cab driver by the way he looked.  I think we, as sinners, can easily do that.  We judge people the most by their outer appearance.  Thankfully we have a forgiving God that reminds us to not judge, and to focus on the inward appearance what resides in their heart.

I was so blessed to be surrounded by Christian ladies this past week.  In every conversation I had, my life as a Christian, church-goer and sinner was brought up.  Its a very freeing feeling being around people who share the same faith as you.

That is what is going on in my life at the moment.  Summer will be here in a few weeks and Im really looking forward to see what the Lord has in store for meand you!

No comments: